Tax Exempt (Generic) Scholarship Administrator

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Personal Finance

Author Thread
TheKingfish

Tax Exempt (Generic) Scholarship Administrator  Reply with quote

I am creating a trust which will largely be an educational scholarship. I have no heirs and my assets contain Traditional IRAs (46%) and Roth IRAs (24%). To avoid the after-death tax bite, I want the trust to push that legacy into a 501(c)(3). I could designate my alma mater university as the host/administrator but I would rather make it less parochial. In other words, I would like the scholarships open to a wider audience; to broaden the opportunity, giving applicants some institutional choice.

Ideally I would like a generic tax-exempt scholarship administrator. Is that doable? Are there such entities? I am early in the pursuit, so your directional thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
TheKingfish
Post Sun May 05, 2019 12:44 pm
TheKingfish

I thought I would tie-off this thread with my own input. After all, the key to most informational pursuit is knowing the ‘key words’ that shoot you off in a positive direction. From there, the world is your oyster. In this case the area is philanthropy, and those entities I wondered about do (in fact) exist. Those words would be:

Community Foundations
Giving Circles
Scholarship America

Good luck,