Historical Stock Info Needed

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Investing, Stocks and Bonds

Author Thread
jai

Historical Stock Info Needed  Reply with quote

I bought Netscape stock at the IPO back around 1998. I paid approx $55/share. Netscape was subsequently bought by AOL and AOL bought by TWX. I have been trying to find historical stock info on these (NSCP and AOL) but haven't been able to since they no longer exist. There were many stock splits by AOL, so I have many more shares than the number I originally bought with NSCP. I am trying to determine my stock basis (broker statements not available). Neither AOL nor NSCP paid dividends so far as I can remember, so I won't have to concern myself with getting the stock price at dividend reinvestment (any way to check this for sure?). Can anyone help me by pointing me to a good web site or giving some suggestions on how I can calculate this? I also need to find out the number of AOL splits and the proportion (eg 2:1).
Thanks in advance for any input.
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:05 pm

Ahhhhhh.....yes.....cost basis. Caught by not keeping records, eh? Laughing See once if this page from the Time-Warner Shareholders Services website has enough info for you:
http://ir.timewarner.com/faq.cfm
otherwise, you can contact them by phone or email here:
http://ir.timewarner.com/comment.cfm?ptype3=1

If they can't provide you with the info you want you can buy it from CSI at www.csidata.com but it will cost you an arm and a leg.

And your local library might have back issues of the Wall Street Journal on microfilm.

If you took your dividends in cash (i.e. not in a DRIP) you don't have to consider that in your cost basis.

Good luck and enjoy your capital gains. I'll bet you've got enough to take a nice vacation to a warm South Pacific island this winter. Even after paying the tax man. Laughing

~Tim~
Post Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:17 pm
sandrawilson

This newsletter is definitely from a group of penny stock experts.

No.1 Newsletter
Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:54 pm
Benstoke

If you took your dividends in cash (i.e. not in a DRIP) you don't have to consider that in your cost basis. C_ARSCC_19Q1 exam questions
Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:35 am