Social Security 4: File, Repay and Refile to Get an Interest

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Retirement Planning

Author Thread
marotta

Social Security 4: File, Repay and Refile to Get an Interest  Reply with quote

Social Security 4: File, Repay and Refile to Get an Interest-Free Loan (2009-03-23)

by David John Marotta and Matthew Illian

Retirees who delay filing for Social Security until age 70 receive annual payments equal to 132% of full retirement benefits. If you don't mind some added risk, you can combine the file-early and file-late strategies by filing, repaying and then refiling to boost your benefit by an additional 3%.

Read the complete column at http://www.emarotta.com/article.php?ID=329

David John Marotta
Marotta Asset Management, Inc.
Fee-only Financial Planning
http://www.emarotta.com
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 pm
No-Brainer

Location: Oregon USA

Interesting article, but it overlooks the major benefit of having 8 years of free time from not working between 62 and 70 that can be spent finding other methods to generate income far greater than the increased SSI benefits. I used my time to improve my computer and Internet skills and added over $1,000 a month to my income and I'm not finished yet. Since my 3% would only amount to about $35 a month, I'm not too interested in pursuing it.

A Unique Twist on Traffic Exchanges
Free Cash As A BONUS!
Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:45 am
jeni

Hi, great to see your website. I like the content and the research done behind every aspect of your blog. It looks great and very knowledgeable. Keep it up the good work. Juniper Certification Exams
Post Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:37 am