What are the ways to measure portfolio diversificaton ?

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Investing, Stocks and Bonds

Author Thread
dhansutra

Location: Sunnyvale
What are the ways to measure portfolio diversificaton ?  Reply with quote

Hello,
I have been in the market on and off for a while.
Recent few weeks i was building a financial tools website Dhansutra http://www.dhansutra.com.

I built an alpha version of the diversification measurements. Basically it looks at 'how different two sectors that you invested in'. There is one measure to look at the size diversity.
Other two ideas are around international exposure and growth potential.

I looked at the Modern Portfolio theory and using non-market correlation factors but wasnt sure if they would capture the underlying fundamentals.

My question to you experts is
what are your key factors in determining diversification of your portfolio ?
Is there is one metric that can reflect portfolio diversification ?

Thanks
Shyam
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 pm
dhansutra

Location: Sunnyvale

Are there any other guys browsing the site other than these SEO guys ??
Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 pm
jeni

It’s very excellent information and more real facts to provided that post. Thank you for sharing this information. 1z0-920 - MySQL 2019 Implementation Essentials
Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:58 am