Home     Forum     401k     401k Rollovers
    Register   Login   Members   Search   FAQs     Recent Posts    

Am I supposed to fix this?

Reply to topic
Money Talk > Taxes

Author Thread

Cash: $ 2.50

Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2011

Am I supposed to fix this?  Reply with quote  

sorry for all the threads, I just found this forum and I have many questions

I did my taxes on TurboTax using the basic option which means I didn't pay for a program etc... And then a week later job told everyone that they are going to be mailing a W2C (corrected) one. I got it and the only difference is box 16. State wages, tips, etc... The corrected one is $341 dollars less than what I used on TurboTax. How can I fix this?

Oh yeah, for some reason all of the boxes are empty, the only ones that show difference is 16 for the past and 16 for the new corrected one.

Can I file Amended Form 1040X on basic TurboTax or do I have to upgrade and pay for a program? How do I even find out if this new corrected one will change my income tax?
Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Senior Advisor

Cash: $ 1626.30

Posts: 7990
Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Location: Wisconsin
 Reply with quote  

You'll have to file an ammended return. I'm guessing if your first return on TurboTax was free, this one will be as well. But I can't answer that for sure. The corrected W2 will only show the differences, so keep your first and use that for the other numbers.
Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:03 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
New Member

Cash: $ 1.00

Posts: 5
Joined: 23 May 2011

 Reply with quote  

I had a similar situation a few years back. You will simply need to file an ammended return. My wages were off by only a couple of hundred dollars so it was not a big deal. Hopefully there isn't a big difference in your wages.
Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:19 am
 View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic
Forum Jump:
Jump to:  
  Display posts from previous:      

Money Talk © 2003-2018