Webmasters & Bloggers: Question on possible new Features

Reply to topic
Money Talk > The Web for Profit

Author Thread
Andrew
Admin

Cash: $ 467.10

Webmasters & Bloggers: Question on possible new Features  Reply with quote  

Money Talk has got a lot of members who either run their own financial website or financial blog. Some of these are really great resources, and I'm considering some new features for Money Talk that would help members spread the word about their sites.

I'm interested in any feedback you might have on these features, and especially I would like to know if you'd be interested in participating with either of these when they become available.

Top Site List
Top site ranking lists can be powerful traffic generators. When managed well, they can provide a great resource for visitors to find a wealth of topical websites, and generally provide more traffic to members than they send. Participation entails signing-up an account with your website and banner information, and then adding a text or image voting link to your website that allows your visitors to vote for your site, which raises your ranking in the list. The plan here is simply a ranking list for financial websites.

Blog Syndication
One of the cool features about blogs is the feed. Feeds are like a summary of the latest articles that have been posted on a blog and allow your articles to be syndicated (or republished) on other sites which can be a boost to traffic, as visitors click the link to read the rest of the story at the originating blog. I know that we've got a lot of great financial bloggers, and I'm considering a plan to syndicate quality financial articles right here at Money Talk for wide exposure of your blog. I'm not sure exactly what form this would take, but for this I would interested in publishing partical or full original financial articles which included author and site information, which could provide great publicity.

If you have a financial site or blog, please post a message indicating which of these features you would be interested in participating with. Also post the websites that you would want to sign-up.

Appreciate your feedback.
Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:01 pm
keepyourwalletfat

Cash: $ 1.85

sounds good  Reply with quote  

The blog syndication sounds good
Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:46 pm

Reply to topic